Alleviating Piriformis Syndrome: Non-Surgical Management and Trigger Point Injection Therapy
Piriformis syndrome is a condition that occurs when the piriformis muscle, which is located in the buttocks, becomes tight or inflamed and compresses the sciatic nerve. This can cause pain in the buttocks and down the leg, as well as numbness and tingling.
Symptoms of piriformis syndrome may include:
- Myofascial pain syndrome – chronic pain condition caused by damaged to the fascia.
- Pain in the buttocks that may radiate down the leg.
- Numbness and tingling in the leg.
- Difficulty sitting or standing for long periods due to discomfort.
- Piriformis syndrome may be caused by muscle strain or injury, prolonged sitting, or overuse of the muscle.
There are several non-surgical treatment options for piriformis syndrome, including physical therapy, Over-the-counter pain medication, stretching & exercise, etc.